Service Delivery Manager (SDM) or operations manager (OM) is responsible for overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project oriented work efforts for our federal program. The SDM/OM establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adheres to high quality standards and ensures that GDIT always meets customer expectations. The SDM must have experience in one of the following disciplines: Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Management/Business Management, or Computer Science.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Provide responsive customer contact and partnering on new IT opportunities.
· Manage one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity.
· Coordinate communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
· Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
· Manage 25-100 IT employees
· Work with human resources department to hire/manage staff and provide performance feedback for employees, ensuring exemplary project performance
· Oversee employee development program and provide career path opportunities to drive talent advancement and retention efforts.
· Assemble project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews; and escalating functional, quality, cost, timeline risks and issues appropriately.
· Assist the Program Manager and Chief Technology Architect in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the customer goals.
· PMP Certification preferred.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.