Network AdministratorSHAW AFB Sumter South CarolinaUS Secret Security Clearance is required.
Help support task of the US warfighter. Network Administrator has a role of ensuring network backbone for critical IT Intelligence systems are kept up and running smoothly. The IT Intel Systems are very critical to everyday missions within our nation's military. This is a service/task we are proud to support and are looking for individuals who are like minded.
Functions of this role involves tasks such as:
1. Analyzes, administers and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
2. Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
3. Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security polices and procedures.
4. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
5. Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
6. Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
7. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
8. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
9. Provides advice and training to end-users.
10. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
11. May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
CCNA is a required certification.
Current/up to date IAT Level II Compliant certification is required. Most common example is Security+ CE but other examples like Linux+, CCNA-S, SSCP, are acceptable as well).
5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
If you are interested and having difficulty applying, please send resume directly to Robert.Cellich@gdit.com
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.