GDIT is currently seeking an Internal Communications Specialist to join our team in Falls Church, VA. In this role, you will support our communications strategy for 30,000 employees by developing compelling content, features and programs to drive employee engagement.
This role is responsible for incorporating content strategies for employee newsletters, employee intranet and collaboration platforms, ensuring that content remains current, informative and appealing to employees.
You’ll bring expertise and passion for employees as your customer, and act as a guide to co-create a better workplace with marketing and brand, human resources, information technology and other functional partners. You will be joining a new, forward-thinking team that is redefining the way the company approaches employee communications and engagement while simultaneously shaping company culture.
Tasks and responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Support coordination of internal communications and help execute overall internal communications strategy
· Write and edit communications assets (emails, intranet stories and features)
· Partner with multiple stakeholders on the development, execution, measurement and refinement of communication plans
· Create and position content across communications channels (intranet, email, digital signage, employee meetings and events.)
· Research best practices and help create fun, dynamic features to engage employees across company platforms
· Build close relationships with communications stakeholders in divisions and leverage functions (HR, IT, Finance)
· Serve as an ambassador for the communications team, demonstrating the value of strategic communications and planning
· Infuse company values, behaviors and strategic imperatives into internal communications, when possible
· Help maintain internal communications master schedule and archives
· Support internal employee engagement events, including Town Hall meetings, as necessary
For consideration, you must meet these qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in related area of study
· 2+ years of experience in a marketing or communications
· Strong writing and editing skills for digital environments and applications
· Collaborative approach to work and interactions
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.