Database Management Systems (DBMS)
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Database Analyst Advisor
Deliver insights to help our clients turn data into action as a Database Analyst Advisor at GDIT. Your work will provide transformative solutions to our clients’ big-data obstacles and help advance the mission. Here, you can make a meaningful impact on our clients’ mission and on your career.
HOW A DATABASE ANALYST ADVISOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Responsible for designing, planning, implementing, and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation
● Establish, implement, and maintain GFM Oracle RDBMS servers supporting both development and quality assurance testing operations.
● Install Oracle RDBMS software and upgrade as necessary.
● Develop patching schedule to ensure vulnerabilities are addressed in a timely manner.
● Evaluate and apply DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
● Establish and maintain Oracle DBMS High Availability plan (Flashback, Snapshots, RMAN/Hot/Cold Backups, etc)
● Address Oracle RDBMS downtime and/or performance issues in a timely manner
● Create and troubleshoot RHEL Linux shell scripts
● Create of notifications to advise of Oracle RDBMS issues
● Support release deployment of DDL/DML scripts
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Technical Training, Certification(s) or Degree
● Required Experience: 5+ years of related experience
● Security Clearance Level: Secret
● Required Skills and Abilities: administering Oracle DBMS, coding Oracle database solutions, experience using current DBMS technologies, application design utilizing various database management systems and experience with DBMS internals.
● 3 years’ experience in establishing and deploying new Oracle database systems and solutions
● Experience with AWS Gov Cloud environment
● Location: Remote
● US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
The likely salary range for this position is $96,000 - $144,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.