· Develops technical solutions for the management of software, hardware, configurations, and architectures, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters and servers.
· Critically evaluates existing network systems and planning long-term strategies to ensure network capacity meets current and future network requirements with extensive independent judgement and is unsupervised.
· Installs, supports and/or maintains LANs and/or WANs; evaluates and recommends networking product and software upgrades with advanced level knowledge and no supervision. May provide guidance and leadership to less-experienced personnel with supervisory responsibility.
· Use advance techniques in designing, installing and maintaining the network system for multiple classifications and coordinates their use. Exercises independent judgement and works with very limited supervision.
· Critically monitors network performance. Independently troubleshoots and resolves highly complex problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network.
· Advisor in maintaining operating efficiency and stability, ensuring the security and integrity of all systems and data, and creates strategic solutions to outages and other issues.
· Recognized as a subject matter expert in job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. Managing large projects or processes with limited oversight from manager. Coaching, reviewing and delegating work to lower level professionals. Problems faced are difficult and often complex. Work performed is critical to the organization.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8+ years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
· CCNP Route/Switch or equivalent preferred
· CCNA or equivalent required
· ITIL v3 Certification Preferred
· DoDI 8570.01m Certification Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.