Researches designs develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. The data manager acquires, controls, and catalogs large scale, complex datasets for our customer's mission. The position requires a highly detail oriented individual who understands the complexities of data movement and curation. The data manager will also be responsible for analyzing the customer's current dataset catalog to identify areas of weakness which will then drive additional targeted dataset acquisition technologies as appropriate.
1. Determines data that needs to be collected and resources to be used.
2. Organizes, implements, and enforces correct data collection policies and procedures.
3. Trains employees on proper data collection methods, tools and equipment.
4. Establishes data collection quality standards and ensures they are met.
5. Ensures that data management system is operating correctly.
6. Troubleshoots for solutions in all data-related problems areas.
7. Documents procedures for data management processes.
8. Develops methodologies for data collection and evaluation relevant to each project.
9. Performs analysis to determine adequacy of data collection and evaluation to each project.
10. Ensures data management system is compliant with all relevant laws and regulations.
11. Evaluates data management system to improve operational procedures.
12. Develops and disseminates data catalog reports upon requests.
13. Performs presentation at meetings.
BA/BS in Computer Science or a related discipline.
20+ years of data management experience.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.