Active Directory (AD)
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Systems Administrator Senior
Transform technology into opportunity as a Systems Administrator Senior with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Administrator Senior you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Systems Administrator Senior joining our team.
HOW A SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR SENIOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Provide desktop system management/maintenance responsibilities involving account monitoring, account creation, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
● Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems.
● Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
● Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network/print devices, and mobile devices.
● Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
● Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
● Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
● Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
Install/load operating system and application software.
Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof.
● Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
● Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
● Monitor systems/networks in real time NOSC environment and initiate fix actions or problem escalation to Tier3 admins/engineers.
● Maintain Software/application license servers and site specific accreditation documentation
● Understand Microsoft SCCM/MEMC and OSD principles and procedures
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● High School Diploma/GED with 8 years of related experience, or Associate's Degree with 6 years of experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 4 years of experience
●DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract (Microsoft MCSA or equivalent)
●Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
Security Clearance Level:
● TS/SCI required w CI polygraph
● Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
● Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network and systems administration and support
● Knowledge of related hardware and software
● NOSC support experience, including problem resolution and incident tracking
● On Customer Site
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) - Microsoft
CompTIA A+ - CompTIA - CompTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.