Senior System Administrator SECRET MacDill AFB, FL
Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
· Creates and maintains detailed system documentation.
· Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
· Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and works with management to evolve current processes.
· Download, stage and deploy systems-related security policies and updates to maintain information system compliance with DISA security policies and procedures (STIGs, IAVAs, etc.)
· Develop scripts (PowerShell, VBScript, etc.) to perform recurring systems administration tasks, automate installs, gather metrics, etc.
· Administer Microsoft Active Directory environments with an emphasis in the following areas:
· Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
· Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2016
· Windows SharePoint 2013, 2016
· Microsoft SQL 2012, 2014, 2016
· Group policy deployment and design
· Active directory design to include DNS configuration, Sites and Services, etc.
· SCCM configuration and administration
· Software deployment/upgrades
· Windows 10 operating system maintenance and deployments
· Administer VMware virtual environments to include ESXi hosts, vCenter appliances, VxRail HCIs, and VSANs.
· Deploy Operating System updates
· Participates in special projects as assigned.
· 5+ years of related systems administration experience is required.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
· Must possess and maintain a SECRET Clearance.
· Experience with infrastructure including but not limited to: data center operations, server hardware, operating systems (Windows, Linux), web servers (IIS, Apache, Tomcat), databases (MS SQL, MySQL, postgreSQL), virtualization (VMware), networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
· Experience in infrastructure design and operations including load balancing app/db clustering, firewall rules, fail over, monitoring, diagnostics, and performance tuning, etc.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· May be required to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours as required
· Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V3 or ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire.
· Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required.
· VMware VCAP, VCDX
· TS/SCI clearance
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or the start date, if after December 8.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.