Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
GDIT is seeking a Lead Database Administrator in support of the Headquarters, US Army Medical Research and Development Command (HQ USAMRDC) for Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) Support Services at Fort Detrick, Maryland.
The Lead Database Administrator shall provide day-to-day support, maintenance, monitoring, patching and troubleshooting for MS SQL Server and Oracle databases.
The Lead Database Administrator shall be responsible for leading a team to:
• Operate and maintain Oracle databases in a Windows or LINUX environment
• Operate and maintain MS SQL Server · Migrate databases from Oracle to MS SQL Server and/or vice versa
• Use and maintain Oracle/MS SQL Server database performance analysis tools
• Manage database passwords for all applications
• Optimize and tune SQL queries
• Understand and use of the Oracle Object mode
• Understand and Apply Oracle/MS SQL Server Database management tools and utilities
• Understand, Analyze, and manage Log files.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Database server and database administration of relational and SQL databases including MongoDB, Microsoft SQL server, PostgreSQL. Install, configure and maintain database system software
• Experience carrying out the software development process which may include evolving continuous build, automated test, and deployment platform which utilizes Jenkins, containers via Docker, Cucumber/Selenium, Azure, and Kubernetes.
• Proficiency with code versioning tools like Git, etc.
• Proficiency with Windows- and Linux-based operating systems, including software installation, light administration and simple scripting
• Security+ Certification
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.