The all-purpose Lead Assessment Data Engineer provides competencies in full-stack development to support assessments of a social media program in Tampa, FL. The engineer will be responsible for designing and developing software applications, data models, and databases in support of program assessment strategies as they relate to both individual/team performance and the overall fulfillment of program objectives. The work environment is fast-paced, fluid and highly collaborative, but requires candidates with skillsets to complete projects with minimal supervision.
• Design and develop software applications, data models, and databases with Python and SQL
• Develop programming and methods to integrate, transform, migrate, and visualize data to gain insights and identify hidden trends
• Routinely uses Excel, Tableau, PowerBI, and Python to develop charts, graphs, geographic imagery, and dashboards to exhibit patterns and anomalies in data
• Leverages Python libraries including pandas, matplotlib, os, and NumPy for all Python-related development involving scripting, application development, data analysis, and data integration
• Leverages SQL to query many relational databases to derive relevant insight and information to aid in key areas, including data integration, analysis, reporting, and client delivery
• Consults with the client on mission-critical infrastructure and how it integrates with the client’s goals and mission
• Coordinates the acquisition and installation of program software requirements
• Produces and presents executive quantitative and qualitative assessment reports on regular and ad-hoc bases
• Creates technical documentation and diagrams using Microsoft Visio to provide detailed technical depictions of ERDs, mission-critical infrastructure, applications, data models, and data pipelines
• Active DoD Secret clearance required
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, and Economics or related highly quantitative field
• Able to apply advanced analytics capabilities to derive insights from a combination of unstructured, semi-structured, and structured data
• Demonstrable experience programming in Python and SQL
• Knowledge of Excel and data visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI
• 3+ years of related professional experience
• Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.