Initiates and executes scientific research and/or development studies; Analyzes problems and applies theoretical techniques to develop solutions.
1. Designs analyzes and tests RF communication links for embedded systems.
2. Acts as technical liaison with customers and sponsors, to include the preparation and presentation of high-level technical information.
3. Develops Visual Basic Scripts, and is familiar with Tapered far-field.
4. Facilitates RF measurements for testing, and assists with operations and maintenance of test chambers.
5. Interprets, organizes, and coordinates overall project assignments within an assigned scientific functional area.
6. Plans and executes laboratory research, and assists with running training courses and developing new course material.
7. Analyzes, evaluates, and plans methods of approach for projects and organizes means to achieve the solution of problems.
8. Establishes and defines the theoretical bases and principles which should apply and the empirical test procedures to be used.
9. Conducts complex investigations or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible applications of results.
10. Interprets and evaluates test data and results of investigations and develops recommendations.
11. Recommends necessary corrections in technical analyses and design to ensure successful project completion.
12. Specifies equipment, materials and suppliers required for completion and implementation of projects.
13. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide or build required services, supplies, or equipment.
14. Supervises assigned staff.
15. May serve as technical team or task leader.
16. Demonstrates creative ability through patent disclosures, problem solving, scientific reports or technical papers and articles.
17. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
18. Participates in special projects as required.
Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics preferred.
10-15 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering.
Experience with HFSS, MATLAB, PCB layout tools preferred.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
Thrive in the stability of a large organization, building your career within General Dynamics IT
Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in across the United States and the world
Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
Professional Development Assistance, covering the cost of obtaining professional & technical certifications
Educational Reimbursement toward degree programs and individual coursework
401K Match with 100% vesting on day one
Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
Healthy Rewards Program, where you can earn gift cards for practicing healthy habits
We know work-life balance is important and offer Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
Employee Discount Program
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.