MOSA TO 004, DCIT, Construction and Deployment Support Services
In addition to the current requirements of a Data Center Technician, the following are the requirements to support the Deployment Support Services.
· Receive the materials from the datacenter loading dock or coordinate receipt with local staff
o Unbox and validate the delivery for accuracy and
o Inspect the delivery for damages
· Assemble and install network racks, including bolting down to the floor and grounding to facility earth bar
· Assemble and install airflow containment according to Microsoft specifications and standards.
· Lay into the containment, and install cabling infrastructure
· Return within 48 hours of notification of any post-installation issues and conduct any necessary diagnostics and repairs. If Microsoft determines that the issue is related to installation, Supplier will make any needed repairs, at no additional cost to Microsoft.
(4) Additional responsibilities
· Conduct deployment support functions, including but not limited to: observation of the activities of construction and other uncleared workers to ensure technical and physical security and integrity of the building and interior spaces and infrastructure (e. g., power and communications).
(a)Clearance requirements, Candidates must possess a Top Secret/SCI, Full Scope Polygraph, clearance granted by MPO
(b)Skillset requirements. Capable of working in typical weather conditions indoors and outdoors on a construction site to observe construction activity, communicate safety and security issues to escorts and others, and maintain visual contact with personnel under escort.
(c)Hours of operation. Monday – Friday 7am to 5pm -- Additional hours as circumstances warrant.
(d)Locations. Services will be performed at the following location(s): Manassas, VA and within a 30 miles radius; San Antonio, TX; Cheyenne, WY
(e) Travel Travel is expected to be 25%
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.