We are seeking a Help Desk Specialist to provide in depth troubleshooting via the phone as part of the NIH Specialty Applications Team (NIHSA) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Help Desk. The NIHSA Team provides specialized support for the Center for Information Technology (CIT) services, including CGE, NBS (NIH Business Systems), NED (NIH Enterprise Directory), nVision Financials, ITAS (Integrated Time and Attendance Systems) to the NIH community. Customer incidents are recorded in a Problem Management system.
The selected candidate will have demonstrated experience documenting solutions in a clear and accurate manner so that resolutions are pushed to the lowest level. We are seeking technically minded individuals with strong communication skills to provide technical and customer service support to our client.
The environment at NIH includes Windows, user account issues, collaboration issues (shared drives, etc.), email, and other technologies. The users you will support in this role are NIH employees and scientists. Position is for full time employment during normal business hours (around 8:30 - 6 pm) and will be based at the customer site in Bethesda, MD.
- Document solutions in a clear and accurate manner so that resolutions are pushed to the lowest level.
- Record customer incidents in a Problem Management system.
- Expertly handle customer support requests for CIT services and logically troubleshoot customer symptoms to arrive at the best resolution.
- Concentrate on resolution at lowest level but provides excellent support and follow up for cases escalated to other support teams.
- Answer complex technical questions in terms that end users understand.
- Knowledge regarding the use of personal computer hardware and software and network related issues is a must.
- Successfully work as part of a multi-vendor and government employee team dedicated to the proactive support of the NIH user community.
- AA or the equivalent and 2 years experience.
- IT help desk phone support experience and or technical training/ degree preferred.
- ServiceNow Ticketing System Experience
- Experience with a remote access tool such as Bomgar
- You are not expected to know all of these technologies as you will be part of a larger team. However, you will have the opportunity to learn these technologies so any prior experience is helpful.
CGE (Concur Government Edition)
NBS (NIH Business System)
NED (NIH Enterprise Directory)
ITAS (Integrated Time and Attendance System)
Attributes for Success:
- Ability to work successfully and contribute positively to the team is imperative.
- Personal dedication to customer service is a must.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.