Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
• Maintain existing web applications, primarily written in Java, running in production RHEL environments
• Maintain existing COTS software used within the NRTIO environment – including working with software vendors directly to facilitate easier maintenance for the future
• Plan and execute development improvements to NRTIO software for long-term sustainment
• Assist in the maintenance of the RHEL environment in which NRTIO software is deployed
• Assist in identifying and replacing legacy NRTIO software (e.g. bash scripts, Java applications, CLI-tools, etc.) with updated and more maintainable software where applicable
• Provide general software development support as directed by the needs of the customer
• Be available to assist in the event of emergency maintenance during off-hours
• Participate in a daily standup meeting and engage with the NRTIO team’s Kanban board to track work being completed
• Java Application Development
• RHEL server proficiency
o Server experience – no GUI
o Server maintenance
o Server automation (Terraform / Ansible)
• Experience maintaining production web applications
• Cloud platform experience in AWS
• Database experience using MySQL
• LDAP experience (NRTIO leverages OpenLDAP as a directory server)
• Familiarity with containerization
• Networking/ IP skills
The Ideal Candidate Must Have:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related Engineering.
• 3 + Years of relevant experience
• U.S. citizen
• Active U.S. Government SECRET clearance
• Biometrics experience
• Familiarity with BPEL Scripting
• Familiarity with Aware BioSP
• OpenLDAP expertise
• Enterprise Java web application development (e.g. Tomcat, Spring) experience
• AWS Cloud services experience
• DoD 8570 - IAT Level II Certification (e.g. Security+ CE)
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.