Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
Systems Administrator (Linux)
Transform technology into opportunity as a Linux Systems Administrator with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Linux Systems Administrator you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Systems Administrator joining our team to maintain and patch.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT As a key member of an integrated and cooperative team comprised of multiple small and large contractors
● Develop and administer advanced Linux-based solutions in support of enterprise level systems to include local repository management, email services, active directory integration, security automation, and enterprise-wide log collection, monitoring, and analysis.
● Deploy and maintain multiple Linux based database servers utilized for application support across enterprise.
● Maintain security posture of all Linux resources to a level consistent with a FISMA reportable system.
● Develop methods for deploying development environments that mirror production environments for risk mitigation in test and evaluation of software and hardware solutions.
● Implement and administer enterprise-wide Multi-factor Authentication systems to include Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and enterprise certificate management.
● Develop and provide documentation and training to improve utilization of various Linux based technical solutions.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Security Clearance Level: Active Top Secret required and must be willing and able to pass/obtain a CI Poly. ● Education: Technical Training, Certification(s) or Degree: Preferred degree in Computer Science, IT related field, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, and training. ● Required Experience: Minimum 5 years of related experience developing and administering advanced Linux-based solutions
Required Technical Skills:
Linux experience including building, maintaining, and configuring systems as well as developing automation methods and protocols in an offline/airgapped environment. Specific experience should include:
Yaml playbook development
Bare metal/VM provisioning of Linux systems
Creating procedures and/or protocols to configure and harden Linux systems
Patching/updating Linux using command line tools (yum/dnf)
Knowledge and experience with Active Directory, local repository management, email services, security automation, and enterprise-wide log collection, monitoring, and analysis.
Experience working with Linux-based database servers.
Knowledge and experience with implementing Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) systems, to including PKI and enterprise certificate management.
Experience with FISMA reporting requirements and implementing DISA STIGs
● Required Skills and Abilities: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and ability to create and maintain technical documentation including training materials.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE: ● 401K with company match ● Comprehensive health and wellness packages ● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career ● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications ● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from ● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.