Designs evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
Electronic calibration technicians are responsible for the inspection, testing, and maintenance of electronic equipment. Indoor environments and some travel may be required to test/calibrate electronic equipment in the field. At least an associate's degree in an industrial science or electronics field. Ongoing education and training is required, as electronics are constantly changing and growing.
The electronic calibration technician will have a variety of responsibilities and duties, including: performing calibrations and documenting the calibration process; approving products which meet standards; repairing assessment tools; measuring equipment; working with various departments regarding customers' needs; identifying and correcting any measurement areas; compiling and measuring data; training other staff; ordering inventory; and maintaining product accuracy.
This position requires a person who pays high attention to detail and is highly critical and analytical in nature. Electronic calibration technicians should also possess strong mathematical and technical skills with expert hand-eye coordination.
1. Performs test equipment calibration services for domestic and field-based test equipment units, which includes dedicated support for calibration and repair of a variety of laboratory test equipment ranging in complexity from simple power supplies and multi-meters to complex network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and vector signal analyzers.
2. Assesses new developments in electronics test equipment calibration and metrology and provide recommendations for review.
3. Performs equipment calibration services on a wide range of test equipment pieces including, but not limited to, power supplies, multi-meters, function generators, oscilloscopes, frequency counters, audio analyzers, power meters, and power sensors.
4. Performs equipment calibration services on Keysight (or equivalent) RF test equipment including signal generators, spectrum analyzers, noise figure meters, vector signal generators/analyzers, network analyzers, etc.
5. Performs equipment calibration services on a variety of auxiliary equipment including attenuators, mixers, resistance and capacitance decade boxes, frequency doublers, etc.
6. Identifies obsolete test equipment for disposal and make recommendations for replacements corresponding to the needed capabilities and requirements.
7. Coordinates with laboratory personnel on all documentation relating to test equipment calibration and repair.
8. Provides test, function, and calibration support to test cards similar to National Instruments PXI or equivalent.
9. Applies and follows applicable regulations concerning the handling of assets and materials.
10. Must be willing to potentially travel domestically and internationally.
11. Follows and applies standard operating procedures (SOPs) for Total Asset Management (TAM).
12. Assists with test equipment training as directed by the customer.
13. Develops system documentation including any documents pertaining to hardware and software for the automated test systems.
14. Updates the testing program style guide/GUI development/architecture for use in development of software on existing and next generation test and measurement systems.
15. Develop an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Plan for the existing and next generation automated test systems. This includes discussions/procedures for preventative maintenance, calibration cycles, and potential planned product improvements for hardware and software.
BS in any discipline.
5+ years of relevant experience.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.