Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
CDP Network Engineering and Administration Sr Advisor
Transform technology into opportunity as a Network Engineering and Administration Sr Advisor with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
The Network Engineering and Administration Sr Advisor is responsible for architecting/designing, building, maintaining, CDP infrastructure and program environments within AWS and migration of cloud resources to CDP, as well as owning the infrastructure design, integration and operations capabilities for ALL non-Cloud, on-prem infrastructure that supports the CDP Cloud capabilities and their product delivery. In this role you will design, build, manage and own the infrastructure that delivers DevOps capabilities for software development projects and supports QA efforts. These capabilities include Atlassian Products, GitLab, Sonatype Nexus, and Sonar Cube operating at IL4 in AWS GovCloud as well as on-premises equipment. This role reports to the CDP Team Lead in the Intel and Homeland Security Division’s Chief Technology Office.
As a SME directly supporting a high-profile corporate wide capability being built from the ground up, your SME level skills and knowledge will be used to support the entirety of GDIT IHS internal capability delivery requirement. Additionally, successful CDP implementation will deliver to teams across GDIT IHS who will rely on this capability to deliver real-world, mission critical National Security solutions across the country and the globe. This Subject Matter Expert will directly contribute to the mission success of every customer of GDIT IHS.
● Manages the functionality and efficiency of computer networks. Monitors data traffic/network performance and controls network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission.
● Designs, integrates, and manages connectivity in AWS cloud environments, hybrid (cloud/on prem) environments, and localized on-prem network hardware, as needed to support CDP needs and capabilities.
● Facilitate and, at times lead, the development of technical documentation and standards and policies, to include, but not limited to, test plans, system security plans, standard operating procedures, and architectural diagrams.
● Serve as a network and server integration and system management SME to support the team. In this capacity, your expertise will be relied upon to facilitate solutioning the environment supporting software DEVOPS and SECDEVOPS capabilities.
● Interact, engage with, and manage capabilities expectations for the team’s other members, which will include software and application developers, cloud architects, and security SMEs.
● At times, may be responsible to provide back up, and or direct support to the CDP lead for systems and/or information security matters, as they relate to both CDP implementation, as well as customer mission requirements if/when appropriate.
JOB PROFILE SUMMARY:
● Provides technical solutions in the management of software, hardware, configurations, and architectures, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters, and servers
● Evaluates existing network systems to ensure network capacity meets current and future network requirements
● Monitors network performance and troubleshoots and resolves complex problems to maintain operating efficiency and ensure quality transmission service on the network
● Uses subject matter expertise to diagnose and solve issues and has considerable authority to deviate from standard operating procedures
● Create, maintain, and delete user accounts; plan, install, and maintain network systems for multiple classifications; provide installation, maintenance and repair of network hardware and software
● Develop and/modify process and technical documentation. Creates back-up procedures, test plans, and related reports
● Plans and diagrams the physical layout and location of devices and the connection between devices participating on the network
● Evaluates and recommends networking product and software upgrades
● Maintains operating efficiency and stability of systems, ensures the security and integrity of all systems and data
● Occasionally function in a "Tier 3" support role, resolving the most complex network issues escalated by Tier 2 support.
● Coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals as needed.
● May serve as a task lead
● Wil serve as a critical part of the CDP’s responsibilities supporting Incident Response, Business Continuity and Continuity of Operations processes across GDIT IHS
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Expert in analyzing customer requirements to determine optimal network solutions
● Expert, ten or more years, in network infrastructure and networking with a strong understanding of cloud operations and security monitoring capabilities and configurations
● At least three years in configuring and maintaining modern automated on-prem, hybrid, and cloud environments
● At least two years of experience in operations, process, or network automation or automation capability integrations
● SME level of experience understanding of networking concepts to include NAT, application proxies/load balancers, TCP/IP, and routing
● Familiarity with the software development process and building automated software development pipelines
● Implementation level experience and knowledge of Security Control implementation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
● 15+ years of experience w/ Undergrad degree, 12+ years of related experience with Graduate degree.
● Relevant experience with or without degree includes: Routing and Switching, Cloud infrastructures and hybrid infrastructures, and security design and architecture at Layers 2 and 3 of the IP stack.
● Required Technical Skills: L2/3 Routing and Switching, Cloud and hybrid infrastructures, security design and architecture.
● Preferred Skills and Abilities: functional knowledge of GovCloud and FedRAMP requirements and building, maintaining, and designing networks at IL4.
● Preferred Certifications: CCIE (Enterprise, Security, or Data Center), CCNP (Enterprise, Security, or Data Center), AWS Advanced Networking Certification, Cisco On Prem and Cloud Solutions, ISC2 Security+.
● Location: Hybrid, 3 days per week onsite (Herndon, VA).
● Due to the nature of the work performed and the privileged user access for this position, U.S. Citizenship is required.
● The willingness and ability to obtain and hold a TS/SCI clearance.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) - Cisco Systems
Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Security - Cisco Systems
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.