Provides instruction as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for emergency medical treatment, limited primary care, force health protection, and evacuation in a variety of operational field and clinical settings from point of injury or illness through the continuum of military health care. Plans, coordinates, and conducts training and related instructional programs to prepare service members in area of expertise. Demonstrates subject matter expertise/mastery of course content requirements and proficiency in the methods and techniques for delivery of instruction. Instructs individuals/teams/units in establishment/reconstitution of Field Hospital section workspace in DEPMEDS environment. Responsible for proper maintenance and accountability of assigned equipment as directed. Maintains currency on latest doctrine and TTPs in associated areas of expertise.
1. Conducts training sessions and may assist in evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
2. Coordinates instructional support and logistics for instruction/training events, including scheduling classes, reserving classrooms, and preparing workstations.
3. Creates and maintains records of training activities, participant progress, student surveys and assists the training manager with proper training documentation.
4. May assist in the development and establishment of course content and objectives.
5. May update course documentation as needed to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
8. Adheres to ethical, behavioral and professional standards.
Education/Equivalent Training Required:
RN, LPN or EMT-B qualified.
Two years of recent military experience with some of that time as a commissioned, warrant, or noncommissioned officer, with RN/LPN/EMT-B AOC/MOS or, civilian equivalent qualification and familiarity with military medical systems.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Effective communications skills.
Computer literate with current Microsoft Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office Systems and possess a working knowledge of current Army automated systems.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.