We are seeking a Systems Engineer who will be working with a select group of engineers building communication systems involving software defined radios custom waveforms, and control software for radios and control surfaces (GUI). You will write software as a member of a cross-disciplinary agile team to build cutting edge hardware and software radio systems. The engineering team has a passion for designing and building unique systems that excite our customers. As one of our engineers you will have the opportunity to play with all kinds of software including DSP in C, C++, Python, VHDL and Xilinx FPGA tools, NVidia CUDA acceleration, and more. We work as a team to divide and conquer, so everyone is able to do a little bit of everything.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Contributes in designs and developments in support of advanced communication systems and digital signal processing (DSP) communications
2. Generates novel and unique solutions to technical challenges including, but not limited to DSP coding, communication system architecture, and advance transceiver design.
3. Contributes to the design and development of FPGA hardware for communications systems and digital signal processing (DSP) platforms.
4. Maintains knowledge of current technical advancements in the general field of RF/microwave electronics and DSP algorithms by keeping up with current developments and trends in area of expertise.
5. Maintains knowledge of current technical advancements in the general field of DSP algorithms by keeping up with current developments and trends in area of expertise.
6. Develops, implements and supervises design verification test plans at system level. Opportunities to participate in test events, including travel, and produce technical performance reports.
7. General knowledge of signal processing, and a desire to develop new concepts in a team environment
8. Collaborative programming in a language such as C, C++, Python, VHDL, or MATLAB, using version control
9. Block-level as well as system-level simulation and debugging
10. DSP/Digital lab skills with, but not limited to, oscilloscope, multi-meter, spectrum analyzer, digitizer, arbitrary waveform generator, synthesizer, etc.
11. Ability to analyze and resolve highly complex technical problems quickly and independently.
12. Proven capability to give meaningful presentations to design teams and customers that are professional and clearly convey information.
BA/BS in any related discipline.
8+ year of relevant experience
FPGA development software - mainlyModelsim, Quartus, and Vivado preferred
VHDL or Verilog coding preferred
Collaboration with DSP and/or software engineer to implement algorithm in FPGA preferred
Xilinx High-Level Synthesis programming preferred
Signal processing and digital coding in any of the following specialties: DSP algorithm design, real-time digital pre-distortion coding, software-defined radio design preferred
Matlab and Simulink programming preferred
Scripting with Python, Perl, Linux shell programming, etc. preferred
Demonstrate knowledge of wireless technology, digital/analog communications, or RF preferred
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.