REQ#: RQ74830 NSWC Crane - Office Administrator I (Open)
Travel Required: None
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Regular
Be a part of the men and women that solve some of the worlds most complex technical challenges! General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking an Office Administrator to support the Navy Surface Warfare Center in Crane, Indiana.
If you are looking for an opportunity to support our nations military, work at one of the largest naval bases in the US, live in a place with low cost of living, low crime and on a program that has many excellent opportunities within a Fortune 100 company - then this position is perfect for you.
The Office Administrator provides visitor greeting, control, and a range of administrative functions in support of Department, Division, Branch, Section, and Project requirements across the customer base.
General Duties include:
· Perform telephone services including answering incoming calls, forwarding of calls to the appropriate entities, taking and delivering messages, and addressing questions as required.
· Maintain phone listings and point of contact information and make available via SharePoint and in other required locations and/or media.
· Manage incoming and outgoing guard/paper mail including maintaining and updating physical mailboxes.
· Operate central paging systems within covered/required buildings by receipt of phone and/or verbal requests for paging personnel and, take messages for unanswered pages.
· Perform conference room scheduling whether manually or via SharePoint, Outlook, or other digital means in use, and shall resolve scheduling conflicts as required by the customer/or organizational processes.
· Provide conference room support by ensuring meeting supplies, equipment, and other needs are met
· Oversee office supplies and materials including inventory management, ordering, receipt, storage, and issuance.
· Support the visitor request process to ensure authorized and appropriate personnel are allowed access to buildings and spaces.
· Perform badging assistance for visitors both external and internal to NSWC Crane.
· Provide escorts to visitors as needed including official visitors, vendors, maintenance and repair personnel, and others as required.
· Support VIP tours and demonstrations by performing visitor control, badging and access, providing escorting and visitor monitoring, and in required cases participation in the actual tour/information sharing event.
· Scheduling and organization of meetings, events and conferences including conference rooms and other spaces required to implement the activity.
· Assist in planning and organizing meetings, tours, and other occasions by determining and documenting logistical requirements including the identification of events, locations, activities, and required items and elements.
· Prepare and generate various meeting items including announcements, invitations, agendas, and other documents; and provide distribution of these items.
· Perform meeting/event documentation by taking notes, minutes, and generating other forms of materials, as well as distribution and retention of required information.
· Develop, deliver, and maintain records of correspondence including memos, letters, announcements, and other types of communique as required.
· Perform document and form preparation, review, submission, and tracking.
· Develop, disseminate, and manage presentations and briefing material.
· Perform distribution of information across organizations via paper documents, email, digital postings, and other means required.
· HS diploma
· 1+ years experience within a professional office environment supporting standard administrative functions
· Strong experience with MS Office, specifically SharePoint and Outlook scheduling functions
· US Citizenship; must be able to obtain a Secret clearance
· Secret clearance strongly preferred
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.