Job Description: Provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of information systems applications and related peripheral hardware. Perform upgrades on Government furnished MC4 systems. Execute lesson plans with practical exercises of the MC4 software applications to end-users; utilize prepared course and student materials for end-user training on computer hardware, application software, new systems, or training on business process improvements and other procedures in a supervised setting; and train personnel through formal classroom courses, workshops, seminars, simulation and over-the-shoulder methodology. This position will maintain state-of-the-art knowledge of the latest advances in the MC4 computer hardware and software modules.
1. Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems utilizing a variety of hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
2. Installs and configures applications software and related hardware (such as desktops, servers, and related peripherals like printers, scanners, drives, monitors and video teleconferencing hardware).
3. Signs hand receipts for and properly maintains and accounts for designated computer hardware and peripherals.
4. Provides software and system troubleshooting and support.
5. Provides technical support, training preparation/set-up, and training to end-users. Performs necessary training administrative tasks following training courses.
6. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Adheres to ethical, behavioral and professional standards.
Education/Equivalent Training Required: Associate’s Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. 1-3 years of directly related MC4 experience supporting information systems operations. IAT Level Certification Compliant IAW DODD 8570.01M. CompTIA A+ CE Certification is required.
Experience: Must have one year with MC-4 information management systems, computers/automated office equipment and software programs. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in information system troubleshooting and support. Knowledge of related hardware and software.
Unique/Additional Requirements: Must be able to obtain/maintain a favorably adjudicated T3 investigation and subsequent qualifications for privileged access on an Army Network. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must be able to perform hardware and software upgrades on GF information management systems. Effective communications skills. Microsoft Office skills including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.