Join General Dynamics IT and be a part of a team that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. Our work depends on a Cloud Developer Sr. Advisor joining our team to support program activities at San Diego CA.
At GDIT, our employees are driven, resourceful, and unwavering. As a Senior Cloud Developer Sr. Advisor supporting a classified customer, you will be trusted to work on data management and web application systems. In this role, a typical day will include:
Analyzes customer requirements and provides technical expertise on cloud cluster computing techniques and technologies of high complexity.
Research, evaluate, and deploy advanced cloud computing systems and large data analytics.
Assists customers with data integration and migration efforts, including mapping schemas and defining domain specific ontologies
Develop large data technologies, algorithms, and applications.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Provides guidance and leadership to less-experienced cloud development personnel.
Will serve as a team lead for DevSecOps team
● Collaborating with the classified customer to solve new application requirements
● Use your development background and experience with virtual machines, Linux domains, system integration, databases, network infrastructures, serverless technologies, Cloud including AWS services, Java, security controls and maintenance to support system solutions
● Serve on a development engineering team that designs, builds, develops, and deploys enterprise and platform infrastructure and applications for cloud and hybrid systems
● Support the customer and development team as a technical software developer through all aspects of the agile development cycle to include team representation and demonstrations to customer and new user groups, requirements grooming, working groups, assisting project manager, scrum master and technical team with themes for epics and related user stories, and ensuring follow through by the scrum teams and execution
● Develop software while driving DevOps principles including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment, and automated testing
● Subject Matter Expert on best software practices, etc. helping to develop new standards, policies and procedures
● May coach and review work of less experienced professionals
● Your success will be measured through leading and programming towards successful critical milestone deliveries as well
Minimum Experience Required:
BS degree; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
12+ years of technical experience as described below
Understanding of DevSecOps process and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery)
Facility with repositories (e.g., GIT, Artifactory), wiki/Confluence, containerization (Docker)
Familiarity with KANBAN and SCRUM (Jira)
DoD Security and Compliance (STIGs)
Advanced level industry certification from one of the following: Microsoft, AWS, or Google
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Experienced engineering support for implementation and management of Amazon Web Services for all AWS/C2S environments to include experience using services such as VPC, EC2, ECS and S3.
Demonstrated experience showing current knowledge of progressive IT software development approaches which encompass Agile and DevOps.
Strong interpersonal communication skills and must be capable of explaining procedures in writing and verbally to both customers and development team.
Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities
This is an external facing role so strong sense of professionalism and ability to work with customers to drive planning sessions, establish prioritization of activities, and communicate status of work effort is key
Successful candidates will have some depth in a combination of the following
Excellent customizable health benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
401K with company match
Flexible work week
Educational Assistance and eLearning
Internal mobility team dedicated to employee advancement
Rewards and Recognition programs
Innovative and collaborative environment encouraging of highly motivated critical thinking
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.