GDIT has an opportunity for an experienced information technology expert in Atlanta, GA to join our team supporting Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). In this role you will provide support for the operational support, build-out, and day-to-day maintenance, of the existing CDC cloud infrastructure and related enterprise core services, and, to accelerate and mature the process of migrating CDC products and workloads. This is an exciting opportunity for a Cloud DevOps Engineer to assist GDIT in establishing a series of shared services managed by a centralized Cloud Services Team comprised of contractor resources working with CDC’s IT project teams, on-premises network and infrastructure management teams, and security accreditation and compliance team to promote and support building an enterprise cloud platform, operating them, and working with IT project teams to migrate and host systems and datasets there. The Cloud Services Team will support CDC and its programs adopt cloud services and operate enterprise cloud solutions.
The position is highly technical and balanced between engineering operations roles such as systems configuration management and software development. This person will have shared responsibility for deploying releases. The position will also play a large role in helping make the transition to be a fully hybrid cloud-based platform. To succeed, candidates should have experience with various continuous integration tools (Jenkins), version control systems (BitBucket etc), build tools (Terraform, ant, maven, etc) and cloud automation tools (Chef, Puppet).
• Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems
• Build, release and configuration management of production systems
• Pre-production. Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products services
• System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains
• Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
• Evaluate new technology options and vendor products
• Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions Here's what our ideal candidate has:
• Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 99% uptime Amazon AWS/Azure environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools and continuous integration tools (Jenkins)
• Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills
• Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration
• Broad range of AWS technologies 3 years of experience in the following technologies: EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security
• Experience working with cloud platforms (EC2, Rackspace Open Cloud, etc.) and cloud automation tools (Chef, Puppet)
• Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
• Agile development team experience
• Windows/Linux systems engineering in a production environment
In this position you will be responsible for:
•Maintaining and improving the existing cloud infrastructure.
•Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
•Using tools such as Puppet, Jira, Confluence, and Git to improve and speed delivery of our products and services.
•Extending and maintaining automation frameworks in the areas of infrastructure as code and CI/CD.
•Work with developers and operations to define DevOps processes.
•Advising Developer and DevOps teams on infrastructure characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
•Troubleshooting problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
•Writing and updating technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
•Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
•8 years of System Engineer experience.
•3 years of related software development experience.
•Significant experience with continuous integration and building test automation frameworks.
•Previous experience building or maintaining full-stack applications and/or infrastructure.
•Passion for quality and solving problems in complex computing environments.
•Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
•Extensive experience with scripting and programming such as Python, Go, Ruby.
•Knowledge of test and QA automation frameworks.
•Experience with AWS/Azure.
•Willingness to work on a fast paced team with a "low ego/high performance" culture.
Desired Skills and Experience:
•AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
•Familiarity with software defined networks and virtual router architectures in public clouds (i.e. AWS).
•Knowledge of government security architecture and/or secure coding practices.
Must have US Citizenship to be considered for this position.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.