Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations. Designs, builds, and implements network systems. Directs compilation of records and reports concerning network operations and maintenance. Troubleshoots network performance issues. Analyzes network traffic and provides capacity planning solutions. Monitors and responds to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance. Manages the purchase, testing, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/MAN/WAN systems. Performs system-level design and configuration of products including determination of hardware, OS, and other platform specifications. Plans large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Performs a variety of systems engineering tasks and activities that are broad in nature and are concerned with major systems design, integration, and implementation, including personnel, hardware, software, budgetary, and support facilities and/or equipment. Provides quality assurance review and the evaluation of new and existing software products. Provides assistance for all information systems operations activities, including computer and telecommunications/ communications operations, data entry, data control, LAN/MAN/WAN administration and operations support, operating systems programming, system security policy procedures, and/or web strategy and operations. Provides input to policy level discussions regarding standards and budget constraints. Supervises all personnel engaged in the operation and support of network facilities, including all communications equipment on various platforms in large scale or multi-shift operations. Supervises complex operations that involve two or more additional functions such as, but not limited to, network operations, systems security, systems software support, and production support activities. Monitors and responds to hardware, software, and network problems. Provides the routine testing and analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals). Utilizes software and hardware tools and identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance. Troubleshoots network systems when necessary and makes improvements to the network. Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
Minimum Education Required:
· BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related IT discipline.
· ALLOWABLE SUBSTUTION: Six (6) years of related experience or four (4) years of related experience with an AA/AS degree.
Minimum Experience Required:
· Six (6) years of experience in an enterprise LAN/MAN/WAN environment.
· Four (4) years of concurrent experience in network administration and analysis.
· Experience working with appropriate complex network administration and maintenance.
· Experience working with complex system implementations and organizational processes to include maintaining network system documentation.
· Experience maintaining the integrity and security of networks and connected systems.
· Experience evaluating vendor products and making recommendations to purchase hardware, software, and coordinating installation.
· Experience in developing and monitoring policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
· Experience in developing and implementing testing strategies and documenting results.
· Certified as:
o Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or
o Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
· IAT Level II baseline certification in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program, (or achieve within six months of hiring)
Security Clearance: Secret clearance based upon a SSBI or SSBI-PR completed within the past five years.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.