Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
PERKS:A Relocation package may be available for this position
Imagine a world-class engineering environment. Now add a team of exceptional talent along with technologies that are so advanced they're often classified. that's what you'll find at General Dynamics Information Technology. Here you'll lead amazing engineers as they invent the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, it's time to bring your talent to General Dynamics Information Technology.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customer's missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
With your proficiency in grasping and applying new information quickly, the Advanced Reverse Engineer will analyze, decompose, disassemble code, perform static code analysis, kernel-level debugging, and debug and modify software. Programming in both C and assembly language, we€™ll rely on you to be involved in Protocol Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Research, Rapid Prototyping of proof of concept capabilities. you'll conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration testing utilizing reverse engineering techniques. you'll also contribute to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, system integration, and tools specific to Cyber and Information Operations.
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Fully proficient knowledge of operating system fundamentals (interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers) and internals (memory layouts and management, binary file formats)
- Fully proficient knowledge in low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux, or Windows environment
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Consistently displays high performance attributes
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
6 years experience in three (3) or more of the following:
- Developing embedded software systems in assembly C, C++, or Java
- Developing embedded software systems for Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, JunOS, or vendor-proprietary operating systems
- Experience with operating system internals for Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, JunOS, or vendor-proprietary operating systems
- Reverse engineering and analysis of software
- Low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux, or Windows environment
- Bit-level data analysis
- Systems engineering of large scale embedded systems
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.