GDIT is seeking a Production Manager to serve as primary interface with customer in managing overall operations in the performance of on-site digital conversion services. More specifically, this candidate will review production quantity and quality measurements on a daily basis, and become the first line of defense to resolve issues, production deviations and provide direction to our on-site digital conversion partner. Daily situational reports will be forwarded to the GDIT Program Manager. The candidate will continuously monitor digital conversion operations to identify improvement areas and anticipate any factors (internal or external) that could negatively affect operations. As such, the candidate will review and support risk analysis and mitigation strategies on a weekly basis to maintain maximum operational capacity.
To meet the quantitative metrics for each program Service Level Requirement (SLR) that GDIT is responsible for, the candidate will meet weekly with the GDIT Quality Manager and Digital Conversion Partner Quality Manager to review trends and deviations. The candidate will also track performance data and maintain trend analysis to identify threshold variances, anomalies, patterns for continuous improvement purposes for digital conversion services in the St. Louis facility. The candidate will develop a plan for working off any backlog of Digital Conversion needs and work with the PM to implement.
You will support the establishment of standard operating procedures for handling, securing, storing, accounting and conversion to digital format for historical government military personnel records while under GDIT control. These standard operating procedures will include physical controls for acceptance, tracking, storing and returning government records that generate a complete audit trail as well as any special handling procedures for digital conversion of historical government materials. The candidate will be responsible to managing and maintaining associated training materials encompassing handling, processing, QA checks, and return of records to the Archive. Further, this candidate will be responsible for establishing operational guidelines aligned with the National personnel Records Center (NPRC) for all staff entering and operating in this NPRC facility that are compliant with the Statement of Work and any local Archives’ regulations. The candidate will be responsible for identifying any security breaches that could result in veteran data being compromised, and immediately report instances (both physical and electronic) where veteran data was compromised.
You will interface with Veterans Administration client stakeholders, including the COR and VA Privacy Officers, and Archive personnel, and is expected to document and resolve any issues that arise from day-to-day digital conversion operations which may include more than one shift per day. The candidate will be responsible for answering government inquiries that include locating high priority records that affect one or more Veteran’s benefits. Further, the ability to perform detailed root cause analysis and to effectively communicate steps for remediation is paramount in the candidate performing their duties. In addition, the candidate will provide oral and written discussion of analytical findings using narrative and graphic forms.
· Serving as the primary customer interface for Veterans Affairs and Archive personnel
· Resolving local issues affecting operations and overall digital conversion performance
· Ensuring personnel are thoroughly training on associated processes and procedures including proper use of the Source Material Tracking System (SMTS)
· Escalating issues that cannot be resolved locally including security, production issues, and external factors
· Monitoring and reporting of daily production metrics and quality measurement, i.e., situation reports
· Generating trend analysis of production metrics and quality measurements for weekly review
· Interfacing with the digital conversion partner on a daily basis to provide direction and to capture production operations issues
· Identifying and escalating any issues negatively effecting the digital conversion of government personnel records in terms of quantity or quality
· Performing root cause analysis of issues affecting digital conversion and preparing after action reports to document steps for remediation and process improvement
· Open and document internal service tickets that affect digital conversion operations
· Establishing standard operating procedures for on-site digital conversion support and apply updates as required
· Reviewing the physical production facility on a daily basis - reviewing custodial controls of government records and physical plant operations, work stations conditions and overall tidiness of plant operations
· Total control of waste material in the facility under GDIT control
Required Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 8+ years of experience overseeing custodial control of vendor / government records
6+ years of progressive experience with managing quality metrics to support program compliance where service level agreements or service level requirements exist
4+ years of experience identifying risks and mitigation, and performing root cause analysis to diagnose issue affecting production goals, capacity and quality
Desired Skills and Experience:
4+ years working in an automated environment with direct hands-on experience reviewing production goals and quality
Must be able to demonstrate managerial and production expertise to lead on-site operations for digital conversion operations
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge for continuous improvement of operations
Must be able to demonstrate skills and expertise to generate reports and presentations, and provide oral presentation thereof
Excellent written and verbal communication and teamwork skills
Previous Department of Veterans Affairs experience
Active VA access including assigned CAG and PIV
At least 2 year managing a staff of 50-100 people
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.