This position supports United States Army Corps of Engineers; Metering Data Management Service (MDMS). The MDMS provides managers at all levels within the Army the ability to analyze and track energy performance of buildings according to their area of responsibility. Examples include individual facility operations multiple facilities associated with a certain organization, installation or mission; facilities constructed using a common standard design/energy savings technology; or all facilities served by a centrally managed program. Meter data combined with and other relevant (contextual) information offers a powerful tool for prioritizing facilities for action, motivating conservation behavior, justifying energy project investment and validating energy project effectiveness.
Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Coordinates testing of designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Stay current on vendors best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline.
10+ years as a projects SQL Database Administrator or part of a team of DBAs.
Strong experience with Extract, Transform & Load (ETL) design and operations, such as, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
Informatica ETL experience is highly desired.
Strong experience in SQL Standard Procedures, design, and implementation.
Experience in a Windows 2008 / Windows 7 / Windows 2012 +Windows 2016 development environment
Experience with virtual environments and clustered environments.
Ability and willingness to continue to expand knowledge and experience; be detail oriented; and prioritize and complete assigned tasks within required deadlines.
Self-starter, self-directed with the ability to work in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Exceptional problem solving and decision making capabilities to include troubleshooting technical issues, resolving project issues and challenges, understanding user requirements and developing creative solutions for process improvement.
Prior military experience preferred.
***Security + certification required
Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance or higher. An SSBI will be initiated after starting work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.