Help Desk Support
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Transform technology into opportunity as a Systems Administrator with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Administrator you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Systems Administrator joining our team to provide technical support for our client in Newington, VA.
HOW A SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Conducts basic hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
May evaluate existing systems and assist with planning long-term strategies
Trains end users on the proper use of hardware and software
Performs basic software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Technical Training, Certification(s) or Degree. High School Diploma. Will consider work experience in lieu of a BS/BA degree.
● Required Experience: 1+ years of experience
● Required Technical Skills: Provide routine technical support in the management of networks, software, hardware, configurations, and architectures
● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI
● Required Skills and Abilities: Troubleshoots system hardware and software issues
● Preferred Skills: May evaluate existing systems and assist with planning long-term strategies
● Location: Newington VA
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
1 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA - Security+ - CompTIA
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.