Designs, plans, and builds communications networks. Configures routers and switches, and firewalls for LAN and WAN systems and VPN concentrators with appropriate network engineering and communications protocols. Coordinates LAN/WAN hardware/software improvements and/or enhancements. Monitors the network utilizing industry leading technologies. Provides innovative methods and technical solutions using the engineering design process. Plans implementation of enhancements
· Analyzes customer requirements and provides technical solutions to complex problems
· Performs maintenance and upgrade of networks including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and networks
· Maintains network integrity and connectivity while ensuring compliance with policies and maintains system backup and recovery capability
· Coordinates the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed
· Creates plans and configures systems for data communication networks
· Designs and builds hardware and software components for computer or telecommunications networks
· Evaluates new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
· Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
· May coach and provide guidance to less-experienced professionals
· May serve as a team or task lead
· EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: BA/BS or equivalent, 10+ years of experience
· US Citizen
· Must have a current and active TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly
· IAT level II compliant with DoD 8570.1
· Cisco LAN/WLAN Vendor Knowledge
· Cisco Certifications
· Global VSAT Forum SPB/SPA Certified
· Secured Entry Point hub experience
· Very Small Aperture Terminal system experience
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.