Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
The Senior Systems Engineer is a strong, self-motivated, solution-oriented individual who will be joining an experienced team to support the implementation and sustainment of multiple networks. We are looking for an experienced, innovative and enthusiastic systems engineer to join us in delivering high quality IT systems.
· Creates and maintains detailed system documentation.
· Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
· Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and works with management to evolve current processes.
· Download, stage and deploy systems-related security policies and updates to maintain information system compliance with DISA security policies and procedures (STIGs, IAVAs, etc.)
· Develop scripts and automation (BASH, Python, Ansible, Puppet, etc.) to perform recurring systems administration tasks, automate installs, gather metrics, etc.
· Administer Red Hat Enterprise Linux environments with an emphasis in the following areas:
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8
· Red Hat Identity Manager
· Core Linux Infrastructure services (CA, [openssl], DNS [bind], DHCP [dhcpd], NTP [ntpd/MicroSync], Red Hat Identity Management [ipa-server], File Share [nfs, glusterfs])
· Automation Technologies (Ansible/Puppet)
· Logging Technologies (syslog-ng/Splunk)
· Administer VMware virtual environments to include ESXi hosts, vCenter appliances, VxRail HCIs, and VSANs.
· Deploy/Patch Red Hat and core infrastructure services software.
· Upgrade and/or install, configure and maintain software as needed (GitLab, Splunk, NorthStar/Paragon, Puppet, Red Hat Identity Management, OpenNMS, VMware, IDPA, Firmware, etc)
· Participates in special projects as assigned.
· 5+ years of Linux system administration experience is required.
· BA/BS Degree – may substitute additional years of experience.
· Active TS/SCI clearance.
· Must be IAT level II compliant with DoD 8570.1
· Microsoft Certified System Administrator.
· ITIL V3 or V4 Foundation within six months of hire.
· Must possess Red Had Certified System Administrator (or above) certification and obtain new related certifications as released.
· Must have experience developing ansible playbooks, puppet modules, python scripts, and bash scripts.
· Experience with infrastructure including but not limited to: data center operations, server hardware, operating systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7/8), web servers (Apache, Nginx), virtualization (VMware), networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
· Experience in infrastructure design and operations including firewall rules, fail over, monitoring, diagnostics, and performance tuning, etc.
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· May be required to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours as required
· Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required.
· RHCSA or RHCE.
· Experience supporting remote systems.
· Experience with HBAC and RBAC policy creation in Red Hat Identity Manager.
· Experience with direct customer support for both internal and external customers.
· Experience with Server STIGs, patching, Tenable, ACAS, SCCM, and IAVA vulnerabilities.
· Experience with automation processes and tools.
· Experience with implementing and maintaining systems documentation.
· Experience with developing training for both internal and external junior system administrators.
· Experience with managing, monitoring and responding to key server infrastructure alerts.
· Experience with Puppet, Ansible, VMware and IDPA technologies.
The likely salary range for this position is $93,653 - $140,479, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.