GDIT is excited to support The Naval Medical Research Unit Dayton’s (NAMRU-D) mission is to maximize warfighter performance and survivability through world-class aerospace medical and environmental health research by delivering solutions to the field, the fleet, and for the future. (NAMRU-D) is a major DoD medical research laboratory whose mission is to enhance warfighter health, safety, performance, and readiness. The research conducted at NAMRU-D addresses identified Fleet needs, and results in products and solutions ranging from basic knowledge, to fielded technologies.
We shall be providing research support for research studies and analyses to understand the human cognitive and physiological factors associated with military operations in the aviation, space, and related environments especially as they relate to motion sickness (e.g., sea-sickness, air-sickness, simulator-sickness and space-sickness), aeromedical standards, altitude effects, fatigue assessment, aviation safety, acceleration effects, neurocognitive/neurophysiological effects, and related areas.
GDIT is seeking a program manager to assist with the following tasks:
- Facilitate information flow between the COR, the contractor, and contract personnel.
- Hire new contractor personnel as necessary and serve as a key resource for all contract personnel. Work closely
with the government to ensure there is an appropriate level of contract personnel to meet research project and
- Provide on-site administrative oversight of contract personnel, to include pay, promotions, leave, work hours,
conflict resolution, and disciplinary actions.
- Coordinate with the COR on research participant compensation and all travel for contract personnel.
- Identify and evaluate problems affecting research project and mission goals and provide solutions in a timely
- Work closely with the COR to document the need for any changes to requirements.
- Ensure timely delivery of required reports.
- Minimum of a Masters degree in Business Administration, Public Health, or other related business or health
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Contract Program Manager for a research department with an annual
budget of at least $3 million and primary responsibility for managing at least 35 full-time, on-site contractors
engaged in human subjects and/or animal research in the departments facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in consultant and vendor sub-contracting establishment.
- Functional knowledge of Federal regulations on research with human subjects and/or animals.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.