Support the Joint Staff, J-8, Joint Integrated Air and Missile Defense Organization (JIAMDO) in the development of IAMD capabilities. Support and facilitate the assessment of IAMD capabilities and help senior United Stated decision-makers assess and prioritize IAMD capability needs. Support and facilitate coordination and collaboration across IAMD stakeholders including the Combatant Commands, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Joint Staff, military Services, and Agencies.
This position provides challenging opportunities to apply and expand one’s systems architecture, modeling and trade-space analysis skills. Specific areas of interest include Model Based Engineering, Systems of Systems, architecture modeling, analysis of complex systems, and decision support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Operational Research, Physics, or relevant technical discipline.
At least 3 years of experience within multi-disciplinary modeling and simulation
Travel 10% of the time or less, within the Continental United States.
• Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering approaches, methods, and techniques; Familiarity with UML / SysML.
• Experience developing and executing project plans.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in one or more of the programming languages for quantitative analyses (ex. MATLAB, Mathematica, Python, R).
• Experience with Model Based Engineering tools such as Rhapsody, MagicDraw, and Enterprise Architect
• Knowledge of Analysis of Alternatives, Verification and Validation, Design of Experiments and data analytics.
• Interest in complex multi-disciplinary problems.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.