1) Assists one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill, cleaning working area, machine, and equipment; assisting journeyman by holding materials or tools; and performing other unskilled tasks as directed by journeyman.
2) In some trades the helper is confined to supplying, lifting and in others the worker is permitted to perform specialized machine operations, or parts of a trade that are also performed by workers on a full-time basis.
3) Must be familiar with NAVSEA drawings and some knowledge/capability of multiple trades (Structural/Electrical, etc).
4) Must be familiar with cable removal; cable installation; MCTs (multi-cable transits); lagging and painting
5) Must have experience using basic hand tools such as sawsalls, drills; grinders; etc.
6) Candidates are required to have personal tools such as: 9/16 wrenches, 7/16 wrench, 8 crescent wrench, tin snips, needle nose pliers, channel locks, screw drivers, gloves, etc.
7) Transports materials; tools; and equipment to and within work sites as required.
8) Participates in special projects as required.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
1) Requires a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
2) Ability to perform general maintenance tasks.
3) Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
4) Must be able to obtain DBIDS badge for access to Naval Bases and Facilities
5) Must be an US citizen.
This position requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 18, 2022 or the start date, if after January 18. Individuals who work in or reside in Florida, Montana, Tennessee, Texas, or work outside of the United States may be excluded from this requirement.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.