Develops advanced technical solutions for the management of software, hardware, configurations, and architectures.
· Provides interpretation to systems matters that are highly complex in nature.
· Provides troubleshooting support for system hardware and software issues that are highly difficult in scope.
· Develops training materials for end user training on the proper use of hardware and software.
· Develops implementation plans for basic software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
· Advises less experienced personnel on the monitoring and tuning of systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
· Advises less experienced personnel on workstation/server data integrity matters and the implementation of standard software and hardware solutions.
· Leads complex data/media recoverability following a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
· Use advanced techniques in hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
· Helps to develop performance and security plan for computer systems that meet the needs of network users. Provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Recognized subject matter expert in job area typically through advanced education and work experience. Establishes operational plans. Manages large projects which will have medium to large impact on the company. Problems faced are difficult and often complex. Work performed is critical to the organization.
· Uses advanced knowledge in evaluating and assessing existing network systems and planning long-term strategies.
· May coach and review the work of less-experienced professionals.
· May serve as a team or task leader. (Not a people manager)
Active TS/SCI clearance.
BA/BS (or equivalent experience) with 10+ years of experience. Additional experience in lieu of formal education will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
DoD 8570 IAT II certification (e.g., CompTIA Security+ CE) required.
Current MCSA certification required, MCSE certification desired.
Shiftwork will be required for this role.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.