Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional fast paced team.
Candidate will work directly with the USAFE A6 to understand and develop the US BICES footprint in support of USAFE operations. The candidate will work directly with MPE team members to ensure coordination and interoperability of the two environments. The candidate will assist with planning and requirements capturing in direct support of all USAFE exercises using US BICES. Candidate will coordinate with USAFE A2 and other components to facilitate open and frequent communications and ensure US BICES is effectively supported.
Provide US BICES subject matter expertise at technical exchange meetings and planning conferences as requested by USAFE A6 customer.
Assists USAFE A6 customer with collecting and refining US BICES requirements
Familiar with US BICES and MPE architectures in order to provide guidance on solutions and interoperability between environments.
Coordinate with USAFE A6 and components to expand US BICES footprint based on funded requirements
Facilitate communications between USAFE A6 customers and EUCOM US BICES team to ensure synchronization of efforts and efficient fulfillment of requirements
May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
May serve as a technical task or project leader.
May have supervisory responsibilities.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
Participates in special projects as required.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
1. 15+ years of experience required.
2. Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
3. Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT Level II (Security+) access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire.
4. Ability to provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
5. Be able to provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
6. Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network systems administration and support
7. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the capability to make decisions and adapt to change
8. Ownership and execution of incident management and system maintenance
9. Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
10. Proven ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively while recognizing customers' competence levels and approaching each level appropriately.
1. Experience with exercise planning and coordination
2. Previous experience with US BICES and MPE
3. The work environment is fast paced and requires the ability to work on multiple projects at once and the ability to reprioritize based on customer needs.
4. Understanding of systems and network current technologies
5. This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.