Key Personality traits that will do well in this environment:
· Inquisitive by nature; you know where to look on the web to find answers and it is your go-to when confronted with a problem.
· Good trouble shooter for diagnosing outages
· You enjoy collaboration and sharing information with other highly technical people.
Environment you will work in
· The intersection of cybersecurity and data. No better place to be.
· Highly technical environment. Your inner geek will be at home here.
· Job site is in Beltsville, MD
· 24 x 7 x 365 Operations environment
· No remote work / no travel
· Systems administration of Windows and Linux systems.
· Use monitoring tools and other sources to detect issues.
· Support globally deployed agents for monitoring servers and workstations.
· Documents and tracks reported matters of significance where assigned.
· Track and coordinate the restoration of service with the support of product and engineering.
· Ensures issues has been resolved as appropriate and in accordance with established service agreements or procedures.
· Analyze, prepare and provide updates to internal and external customers during service failures in accordance with established service agreements.
· Works in conjunction with service providers to resolve failure and escalates as necessary to reduce downtime and maximize system availability.
· Perform patch management for a number of different enclaves.
· Monitor, analyze and understand change management environment to enhance problem resolution capabilities.
· Assesses system information to determine appropriateness of other updates and enhancements.
· Automate tasks such as report generation, security setting application, and patch management.
· Monitor processes and resolve matters of significance in order of impact to ensure completion in accordance with established service agreements.
· Participates in the implementation of application, system or network changes.
· Participate in requirements, design, and acceptance testing of new systems to ensure operational needs are addressed.
· Build nodes, servers and other computer systems for deployment to field locations
· Support software and hardware upgrades
To fit into our environment you must have these core skills:
· Windows and Red Hat server administration experience
· Scripting experience to automate tasks
· Active top secret security clearance.
· The ability to quickly and thoroughly diagnose and resolve issues within the network
· Ability to work both independently and within teams/groups
· Ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritize severity of projects and tasks
· Experience using ticketing systems to track and address service impacting incidents and to fulfill service requirements.
· Ability to use available monitoring tools and resources to identify service outages and network problems.
· Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem solving ability, and organizational skills
· Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
Highly desired skills
· Bachelors degree
· Four (4) or more years of system or network experience in a large application or network monitoring environment.
· Experience using Microsoft Teams for team collaboration
· Experience using Microsoft Azure
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.