· DoD 8570.01 M Baseline Certification Required (Security+ or equivalent) IAT Level II
· DoD 8570.01 M Computing Environment Certified
· Experience working with Backup and Recovery Operations
· Experience working with Data Center Operations
· Experience working with Information Assurance Support
· Experience working with Virtualized Environments
· Experience working with computer/server hardware for installation and upgrades
· Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
· Experience working with file and operating system maintenance procedures
· Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and multitask
· Good analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
· Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customers, and managers
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
System administrator support shall be provided on the NIPR, or in standalone, non-networked operating environments. All system administrator personnel shall acquire and maintain NIPR elevated privilege tenant desktop administrator accounts for NIPR support performance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
· Utilize Enterprise provided Microsoft SCCM services
· Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
· Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
· Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
· Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
· Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
· Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
· Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
· Apply STIGS and other required security measures to maintain the appropriate security for the servers and systems.
· Upgrade and configure system software that supports customer applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
· Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
· Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.