Provide system administration of server and storage systems connected to local and wide area networks; and system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, installation of server hardware, and other local area network system administration related functions.
- Provide system administration services for all servers, storage area networks (SANs), and server hosted applications.
- Optimize database efficiency and monitor usage and storage daily. Alert the Branch Head of system alerts including low storage or customer access issues within 15 minutes of alert or customer notification.
Associate degree in computer science, information technology, or an equivalent technical degree from an accredited college or university.
- Dell EMC Certification preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Dell EMC Storage Solutions such as Converged Infrastructure, Virtualization, Security and Emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated experience ensuring performance levels and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met;
- Demonstrated experience with system administration tasks such as user management (creation, support, and deletion of user accounts), software installation, server monitoring, server backup operations, operating system, and application troubleshooting, and computer security for all operating systems;
• Information Assurance Technician (IAT) -or- Information Assurance Manager (IAM) I, II or III
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.