Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important. GDIT is providing assistance for survivors of disasters and needs your help. Join us and help those impacted to navigate the system toward assistance.
Immediate Hiring – Work from Home as a Contact Center Agent
We are looking to hire agents to work from home for the GDIT Disaster Assistance Center.
Responsibilities entail responding to incoming calls and performing data entry for individuals and businesses in direct support of disaster assistance efforts. Bilingual candidates with Spanish language skills are encouraged to apply.
Due to ever-changing environmental factors related to this type of work, all candidates must have flexible work hours and be willing to work a variety of shifts. Training will be provided.
General Dynamics Information Technology is providing Disaster Assistance Support for citizens impacted by disasters. Candidates hired for this role will be assisting those impacted by disasters by researching issues, exploring answers, and providing information and alternative solutions through the use of various communication technologies including but not limited to telephones, e-mail, facsimile, postal mail, and the Internet. If you enjoy helping others, you will find this role to be both challenging and rewarding. This role is currently a telework opportunity and casual position.
Essential Job Functions:
● Answers incoming phone calls; provides accurate and appropriate information to callers.
● Places outbound customer service calls, as required by client.
● Completes call guides; gathers, enters and verifies required information.
● Attends telephone skills and program information training sessions; adheres to established levels of service.
● Adheres to established customer service and documentation standards within required time frames.
● Adheres to contact center scheduling, ensures telephone
● Flexible schedule: may require shift work, on call status
● High school diploma or G.E.D.
● Zero or more years of customer service or other telephone experience
● Experience working with fax machines, computer software, and telephone technology
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.