GDIT is seeking a Project Manager III in support of the Naval Health Research Center (NHRC) Operational Readiness Directorate. NHRC is a Navy Medical Research and Development (R&D) Command charged with conducting medical research, development, testing, evaluation, and surveillance to enhance deployment readiness of Department of Defense (DOD) personnel worldwide.
- Serve as project leader to ensure timely completion of project tasks objectives.
- Coordinate the transition from Project Development to Project Implementation to Project Completion.
- Organize Team Resources, including Steering Committees, Project Teams and Work Groups, as needed.
- Develop high-level project plan and achieve buy in on task responsibilities and timelines from the appropriate team members.
- Define communications, issue management and scope management strategy and achieve approval from the appropriate team members.
- Solicit input from appropriate staff to evaluate cross-system impact.
- Evaluate project risks and develop contingency plans, as appropriate.
- Define project objectives and define success measurements.
- Develop and communicate appropriate project documentation, including project overview, scope, team structure, status reports, issues management reports, change control reports, meeting notes, etc. as required and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate development and approval of appropriate requirements and design documentation.
- Ensure Approval of developed requirements and design.
- Develop detailed project plan.
- Coordinate both execution and monitoring/controlling phases of Project Implementation Process.
- Complete close out phases of the Project Processes.
- Ensure team consensus of project completion.
- Complete project close out documentation, especially Lessons Learned.
- Coordinate and support steering committee, project team and work group meetings, as required.
- Support and communicate project status to team members and executive staff, including management of project website, consistent status reporting and presentations.
- Identify, document and assist with project issues and escalate, as appropriate, to achieve timely resolution.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies including meeting deadlines, when applicable.
- Ensure integrity and security of institutional data.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively.
Education: PhD or Master’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
Experience: - Minimum 6 years’ experience in relevant field
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.