GDIT is seeking a Sr. Cloud Engineer to provide Cloud Engineer services for an exciting new contract.
· Work with a team of DevOps/SecOps Engineers to architect AWS solutions with the responsibility to ensure the customer maintains an overall cohesive integration with itself, partner systems, and solutions.
· Build assets and services required in the architecture.
· Work with the customer to integrate the Cloud environment into their existing environments.
· Work with the development team to ensure that the architecture will support the proposed applications.
· Perform migration, modernization of custom developed applications, to include refactoring, re-architecting components, products, and re-deploy to an enterprise cloud environment, including product CI/CD pipelines.
· Provide expertise in high availability, contingency planning, and automated provisioning.
· Work with a team of DevOps/SecOps Engineers to architect and deliver AWS solutions.
· Support and advise on application assessment, migration and modernization.
· Guides the successful completion of major engineering programs and may function in a project leadership role.
· Develops advanced solutions to highly complex engineering problems.
· Performs advanced systems design, development, and integration from the start of a systems life cycle to the end.
· Provides and applies advanced engineering to highly complex infrastructures including installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
· Provides and applies advanced engineering skills to highly complex systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
· Performs continual maintenance and provides advanced solutions for continual and highly complex security, backup and redundancy problems.
· Prepares and maintains all documentation for processes and procedures related to engineering projects.
· Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, model formulation, computer architecture analysis and design, and digital systems engineering.
· Drives scalability and operability of supported systems/infrastructure.
· U. S. Citizen and/or Green Card holder
· Ability to secure a Public Trust clearance
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related discipline
· Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification from one of the major Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
· 3+ years’ AWS experience in a solutions delivery role.
· 3+ years’ experience with solutions delivery using well-architected cloud frameworks, services, and technologies
· 10+ total years IT of development experience
· Expertise in cloud service delivery models
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated experience working with stakeholders and development teams
· Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing to convey cloud technologies and solutions to customer personnel
· Expertise in developing, maintaining and contributing to technical and process documentation.
· 3+ years’ experience working within a DevSecOps/DevOps environment, utilizing AWS services, solutions, and provisioning/automating AWS infrastructure, services and tools.
· Experience with third-party tools, including Docker, Kubernetes, and Ansible Knowledge of end-to-end modern agile software development.
· Ability to work within a collaborative team and a fast-paced dynamic environment
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
Full-flex work week
401K with company match
Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators
Ability to make a real impact on the world around you
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.