We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government defense and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Cloud Engineer Intern joining our team to support our Intel customer in Springfield, VA
The intern position supports the Data Center Services (DCS) team to provide quality cost-effective solutions to the client. As part of the team, the intern will work closely with Engineers to learn the skills that are involved in building out and maintaining a hybrid cloud environment to support current and future development projects. The intern will be responsible for low level administration tasks, building physical and virtual servers, and learn current and future technologies that could assist in the mission.
1. Performs routine technical tasks in support of engineering, information systems, or related technical operations.
2. May install, maintain and operate computers and peripheral equipment.
3. May fabricate, install, and repair electronic or mechanical equipment.
4. Perform entry/intermediate level Windows and Linux administration tasks.
5. Previous experience or willingness to learn basic cloud computing administration in AWS.
5. Have a basic understanding or willingness to learn basic Network administration.
6. May perform basic systems and/or software testing.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
Must be a currently enrolled, full time college student.
3.0 GPA, preferred
Ability to obtain a security clearance
0-1 years of related experience supporting engineering, information technology or other technical operations.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.