Responsible for strengthening the defensive posture and cyber defense operational readiness of an IT Enterprise our Enterprise Cyber Network Defense (ECND) program defends and protects Government assets from external Cyber Security attacks and Insider Threats that can potentially cause or create data, systems, networks, and personnel vulnerabilities.
· Performs forensic analysis of digital information and gathers and handles evidence. Identifies network computer intrusion evidence and perpetrators, and coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents.
· Monitors Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
· Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
· Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
· Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members.
· Participate in special projects as required.
· Continuously evaluate and make recommendations for the enhancement of the organizations security posture.
Position may require evening, weekend or shift-work (depending on operational tempo).
Qualifications: BA/ BS degree and 8+ years of experience. A TS/SCI clearance with CI Poly (or able to obtain CI Poly).. Security+ or other approved DoD 8570 Baseline certification.
Benefits of this Position: Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
Why Work at General Dynamics IT? Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field Support missions that make a difference to our Nation Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.