Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Performs NDT Inspection on shipboard welds and a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards. Develops QA Workbooks/Test and Inspection Plans
1. Trained and Qualified in Nondestructive Testing (Visual, Liquid Penetrant and Magnetic Particle Inspection) with 3-5 years’ experience in U.S. Navy shipboard/Submarine NDT Inspections.
2. Develops QA Workbooks with Test and Inspection Plans. Computer skills in Work and Excel required.
3. Performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections on products, materials, components, parts, etc. at various stages of the production process to ensure compliance with quality and reliability standards.
4. Records and analyzes data and writes summaries and reports to validate or show deviations from existing standards.
5. Works closely with management to ensure adherence to ISO standards and NAVSEA Standard Items.
6. Recommends modifications to existing, or suggests new, standards, methods, and procedures.
7. Maintains appropriate documentation related to quality assurance tests and inspections.
8. Provides quality training.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
10. Guides and directs employees in quality improvement efforts.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
12. Electrical Cableway and Connector knowledge a plus.
13. May require professional, technical, or company certification(s), depending on job assignment.
14. Some travel may be required depending on task.
15. Trained in Navy Basic Paint Inspector is a plus.
16. Knowledge in Welder Qualification is a plus.
High School Diploma/GED
3+ years of applicable experience
Must be a US Citizen.
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
The likely hourly rate for this position is between $24.00 - $36.00, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.