We are seeking a highly motivated senior level Oracle Database Administrator. Candidate must demonstrate skill in database administration, Backup/Recovery, Performance, Installation & Patching. Candidate requires excellent communication and documentation skills. Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, storage devices, networking, shell scripting.
• Manage and maintain logical database structures, physical structures, data, file systems, disk sub-systems, accounts/passwords, logical and physical backups, and database tuning.
• Perform DBA tasks to install, configure, test, maintain, backup, recover, patch, and upgrade
• Perform database analysis, design, and implementation.
• Interface with Tech Support for information gathering, trouble-shooting, and general technical support for security patches, installs, upgrades, etc.
• Tune, administer, and maintain SQL Server instance according to set standards
• Develop and document procedures for backup and recovery of database environments
• Patch, upgrade, and maintain all SQL Server binaries
• Scan all database instances and recommend security mitigations of vulnerabilities to the DBA team
• Provide risk assessment reports to management for accreditation of systems
• Document and implement security procedures
• Work within a close team construct and coordinate with various teams in a timely manner and in accordance with defined standards and practices.
• Communicate with project managers as to the progress of open items and work with other security specialists, the database group, or other infrastructure resources as needed
• A minimum of 5 years’ (10+ strongly preferred) experience in Oracle Database Administration
• Working knowledge of shell scripting
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Motivated to self-study new requirements
• Able to work well with other team members
• Excellent documentation skills
• Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions
• Ability to work under time constraints
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Academic background in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus
• Strong organizational, analytical, and collaborative skills.
• Provide after hours support as required
US CITIZENSHIP AND CURRENT ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.