Current Procedural Terminology (CPT)
Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)
Own your opportunity to work alongside federal civilian agencies. Make an impact by providing services that help the government ensure the well being of U.S. citizens.
Drive better health outcomes for our clients as a Medical Records Coder IV at GDIT. Here, your work will impact many as you deliver healthcare expertise and services where they are needed most. Own this opportunity to advance not just display motivation, be detail-oriented and have outstanding people skills that help them navigate any situation with ease, but also add to your personal career growth.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Medical Records Coder IV you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Medical Records Coder IV joining our team to lead the annual code adjustments and be responsibilities include reviewing/updating/adding Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) and International Classification of Diseases Tenth Revision Clinical Modification (ICD-10 CM). The coder will also be required to know and understand Diagnosis related groups (DRG) codes.
HOW A MEDICAL RECORDS CODER IV WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Responsible for assembling and maintaining patients' health information in medical records and charts
● Make sure that codes are valid in the system and adhere to government and insurance regulations
●Researches, analyzes, recommends, and facilitates plan of action to correct discrepancies and prevent future coding errors.
● Follows coding conventions. Serves as coding consultant to current staff.
● Assigns codes for reimbursements, research and compliance with regulatory requirements utilizing guidelines.
●Serves as resource and subject matter expert to other staff.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: Associates of Arts/Associates of Science (preferred)
● Required Experience: 5+ years of related experience
● Required Technical Skills: Understanding business objective, analytical and critical thinking, decision making skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment.
● Security Clearance Level: n/a
● Required Skills and Abilities: outstanding verbal and written communication, organizational, and leadership skills, be able to work in a team environment or independently.
● Location: Hybrid
●US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CPC: Certified Professional Coder - American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
U.S. Citizenship Required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.