REQ#: RQ68218 Change Solution Manager with TS/SCI Clearance (Open)
Travel Required: None
Requisition Type: Regular
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on TS/SCI level cleared Change Solution Manager joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA.
Analyzes customer requirements, user needs, and provides analysis to propose solutions to a variety of projects.
1. Analyzes user needs to determine functional requirements for a wide variety of IT infrastructure and services projects.
2. Performs technical assessments aimed at improving client systems and services delivered.
3. Performs functional analysis to identify tasks and their relationships.
4. Researches, identifies, and recommends resources required for task execution and completion.
5. Performs functional modeling based on requirements analysis.
6. Works with technical and operations staff to develop solutions to user requirements.
7. Applies Service Labor and or Material catalogs in the design of proposed solutions
8. Serves as technical advisor to clients in assigned subject areas, recommends functional changes, and identifies areas for further investigation.
9. Generates recommendations in the form of technical briefings, reports, and other major documents provided to senior level client personnel.
10. Consults with clients to determine optimum design for assigned projects.
11. Identifies emerging relevant technologies that may result in improvements to current processes and systems.
12. Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures, presentations, and training materials.
13. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas.
14. Participates in special projects as required.
Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, coordination with all service support areas, financial analysis, and business development activities. This position is responsible for producing small and large proposals in support of the program. Responsible for managing cross team support and may include one or more subordinate supervisors and managers - working on multiple projects and tasks.
1. Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial analysis, and business development activities.
2. Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
3. Performs business development activities, including initial review of customer requirements and the preparation and review of resulting technical and cost proposals.
4. Coordinate, schedule and lead internal and external technical exchange meetings (TEMs) to clarify project requirements and resolve issues, enabling timely submission of proposals.
5. Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews as requested.
6. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
7. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline.
2. Masters Degree desirable.
5-10 years of related experience.
Must have current and relevant customer experience. Exceptional interpersonal, client-facing skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; attention to detail
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.