Desktop Operating Systems
Own your opportunity to work with the largest government agency in the nation. Make an impact by advancing the Department of Defense’s mission to keep our country safe and secure.
Help Desk Technician IV
Transform technology into opportunity as a Help Desk Technician IV with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Help Desk Technician IV you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Help Desk Technician IV joining our team to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM).
HOW A HELP DESK TECHNICIAN IV WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
● Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers with hardware, software, and application problems. Includes both customer telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
● Provides polite and friendly customer service
● Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact, or at Tier I. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or Tier III when required
● Documents incident status and solutions in incident database tools.
● Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers, laptops, and common windows applications
● Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone assist
● Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
● Possesses comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support
● Possesses comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
● Education: High School diploma/GED with 8-years of related experience, or Associate's degree with 6-years of experience, or Bachelor's degree with 4-years of experience
● Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI
● Preferred Skills:
● Location: On Customer Site
● US Citizenship: Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
6 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA - Security+ CE - CompTIA
AWS Cloud Paractitioner Essentials - Amazon AWS
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.