We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Help Desk Specialist joining our team to support the NCR DOIM activities at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. We are seeking a customer service centered help desk technician to provide timely and professional Tier I-II support to users. To be successful in this position you need to be collaborative and willing to work within a team. While you will need to be a self-starter, completing tasks on your own, working together is critical in this role. You will be interfacing with users and senior staff. Therefore, you should be articulate in your communications. You will need to explain technical intricacies to end users in a way that is easily understood. You will need to maintain a high-level customer service focus, exhibiting expertise, courtesy, timeliness, and professionalism. Provide technical support and troubleshooting services for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Respond to queries either in person or over the phone. Respond to email, IM messages (IM), and voicemail messages for customers seeking help. Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
· Troubleshoot and resolve Tier I and II incidents to include: system inquiries, requests, incidents, software installation, printer support, hardware support (desktop, laptop, peripheral).
· Perform in-person customer service and phone support service to 4,000 end-user community.
· Perform trouble ticket action to include updates with quality notes, customer communication, and resolution within established service level agreements.
· Provide VIP support and communication regarding status of incident troubleshooting and resolution.
· Efficiently handle high volume ticket queue by supporting 50 – 100 tickets daily.
· Actively participate in all meetings such as, but not limited to weekly staff meetings, weekly training, Weekly Ticket Tag-Up, etc.
· Preparing accurate documentation to support and maintain a working knowledge base of service desk processes including pertinent guidelines, regulations, compliance issues, and documentation requirements as well as reference only application reference guides.
· Document, maintain, and store specific information, including as-built diagrams and SOPs/Job Aides.
· Support focus teams or specialized projects to promote rapid improvement turnaround.
· Maintains a high-level of customer service focus, exhibiting expertise, courtesy, timeliness, and professionalism while interfacing with users and senior staff members in person, on the phone and/or email.
· Be part of a team that supports and operates a 24x7x365 Service Desk.
· Ability to support a fast paced and ITIL transitional environment.
· Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to support incoming customer support calls and emails.
· Analytically inclined with attention to detail and accuracy and consistent follow-through to assure problems are resolved with the ability to respond to last minute requests.
· Ability to identify and articulate key information in an efficient and timely manner.
· Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when handling situational occurrences.
· Analyzes and recommends alternative solutions to meet customer needs.
· Builds credibility and trust with customers and team members.
· Identifies areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction.
· Must have excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
· Supports the team process and participates on cross-functional teams.
· Responsible for handling after-hours on call support (when necessary).
· Answer phones and respond to emails in a timely manner.
· Participate in special projects as required
· Use ticketing system to:
· Proactively check help desk queue for new emails and create and assign Remedy tickets for those emails.
· Ensure that tickets are actively being worked on and updated, and that no tickets are unassigned
· Escalate tickets as needed.
· Ensure all tickets worked include the problem, the solution, the end user, initiation and completion time, and end user satisfaction.
· The resolution shall be in sufficient detail to allow another support technician, not familiar with the problem, sufficient information to resolve the same or similar problem without extensively researching the issue again.
· Notify the team lead of all VIP requests for support that require additional resources which result in a delay of resolution
· Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
· May need to lift and carry desktop equipment such as laptops, computers, and monitors
· Requires a High School Diploma
· Associate's Degree preferred
· 2+ years of directly related experience supporting help desk operations or customer service.
· Experience supporting intermediate level Microsoft Office core applications, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft SharePoint, Java and Acrobat Adobe
· Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
· Outlook Email Client in an Exchange Server Environment
· Experience with remote access to users’ computers
· Experience working with networked printers
· Active Directory
· Using a ticketing system (BMC Remedy)
· DoD STIGs/IAVMs
· Experience working in an SCCM/MECM environment
· Excellent business analytical and problem-solving/trouble shooting skills.
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent documentation skills
· Strong organizational and collaborative skills
· Strong teamwork and engagement as a project team member.
· Ability to assimilate information rapidly, motivated to self-study new requirements
· Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts; practices and procedures.
· Able to multi-task and prioritize
· Able to work under time constraints
· Adapt to changes in requirements and new projects
· Maintain and upgrade certifications
· Strong written and verbal English language skills.
· Willing to perform other duties as assigned
· Must have a minimum of a Secret clearance on hire and confirmed.
· Active/Current CompTIA Security+ ce certification
· Computing environment certification (Microsoft Windows Operating System Security)
· If you start only with a Security+ ce, continued employment will be contingent on receiving the additional Windows certification within 3 months after your start date.
· Client Site, Arlington, VA
· Shift- Tuesday through Friday 0700 to 1600; Saturday 1400 to 2000
· No alternate work schedules
· Requires on-site support.
· Availability to travel, but less than 10%. Most team members do not have to travel.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
· 401K with company match
· Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
· Diverse, highly collaborative teams
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.