Performs maintenance service tasks in the areas of plumbing carpentry painting, plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs, and/or installations.
1. Performs advanced maintenance service tasks in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine servicing, electrical repairs or installation.
2. Performs routine and non-routine repairs on electrical equipment.
3. Performs repairs on machinery or minor repairs to the structure including painting, plastering, carpentry, plumbing or electrical power.
4. Uses power tools and hand tools.
5. Repairs woodwork using carpentry tools.
6. Estimates time and materials costs of various projects.
7. Requisitions new supplies and equipment.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. Work to be performed in the Vertical Launch System (VLS) department. Perfrom a variety of advanced maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, lifting and moving materials such as Cell/Uptake Hatches, completing Deluge Valve Overhauls, and completing Cell and Uptake Hatch Removal/Installation/Overhauls. Loading and unloading vehicles and other activities in a helping or assisting mode. May perform repairs on machinery. Transport materials, tools, and equipment to and within work sites as required. Assist with shipboard installation of VLS equipment. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced laborers.
Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
3-5 years of related maintenance experience.
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.